Today, the SAP IG’s website and Listserv moved to Connect@AOM. This transition is part of AOM’s digital strategy, which aims to renew and bundle the communication technologies in use (read more on Connect@AOM and the transition here).
From now on, you find all information on the practice of strategy-making at one place: sap.aom.org.
- The SAP Online Community provides all relevant information: who we are, who is in charge, newsletters, governing documents, current initiatives (such as the brand-new webinar series), and so on.
- In “Conversation“, you can browse the Listserv history and add new announcements that you would like to share with the SAP Community. Similar to the Listserv technology, the SAP Community will be informed via email (see more on notification settings below).
- In “Events“, you can post meetings, calls for papers, workshops, etc. that you would like to inform the SAP Community about. The SAP Community will also receive an email notification when new events are inserted.
Within this broader technological transition, we are also refreshing our Blog activities. Specifically, we will be using Connect@AOM’s technological affordances for hosting a Vlog. The SAP Vlog (Video + blog = Vlog) publishes 5–10 min interviews with authors of work that has extended our understanding of the practice of strategy-making. Such interviews provide viewers with behind-the-scences insights into the origins and developments of the ideas that these works advance, as well as retrospective reflections on the timeliness and reception of these ideas in contemporary discourses.
This technological shift implies that the Blog will be discontinued as of today. From now on, you receive all information related to the practice of strategy-making as well as a new Vlog format freely accessible and free of charge (see more below) at sap.aom.org. Of course, you can still browse the Blog history both at strategizingblog.com and at Connect@AOM.
Much of the information provided at sap.aom.org is even accessible even without logging in. To access the rest, all you need is an AOM account, which is free of charge (get one here).
All members of the SAP IG will have immediate, full, and automatic access to the IG’s online community at Connect@AOM and all of its functionalities.
All non-members of the SAP IG will not automatically be subscribed to the IG’s online community at Connect@AOM. Thus, to stay connected with the SAP IG, non-members can manually subscribe to the online community in the following way:
- Go to https://connect.aom.org/
- Click on “Communities”
- Search for “Strategizing Activities and Practices (SAP)”
- Click on the “Join” button
One advantage of Connect@AOM over current technologies in use is the more fine-grained management of notification settings. This allows users to adjust the frequency and form of notifications to their individual preferences: Real time (immediate email after each post), daily digest, weekly digest, no email notifications.
To configure the notification options,
- Go to https://connect.aom.org/ and click on your profile picture
- Click on “My Account” and select “Community Notifications”
- Scroll down and select your notification preferences from the drop-down menu.
For further inquiries, please contact Matthias Wenzel (firstname.lastname@example.org).