Recently, a number of of Calls for Papers (CfPs) have been published, which resonate with the work by scholars interested in the practice of strategy-making. Some of these CfPs include (ordered by deadline):
- “Entrepreneurship as Practice” (conference + special issue in the International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior and Research)
- “The Competitive Advantage of Regions: Economic Geography and Strategic Management Intersections” (special issue in Regional Studies)
- “Responsible Research in Management” (special issue in the Irish Journal of Management)
Here, we provide a brief overview of these CfPs.
1. “Entrepreneurship as Practice”
- Journal: International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior and Research
- Co-editors: Bruce Teague (Eastern Washington University), Richard Tunstall (University of Leeds), Claire Champenois (Audencia Business School), William B. Gartner (Babson College and Linnaeus University)
- Theme: According to the CfP, the aim of this special issue is to ” further […] an “entrepreneurship as practice perspective” (EAP) that should showcase fieldwork that explores specific entrepreneurial practices in specific settings”. Scholars interested in submitting a paper can receive developmental feedback at the 3rd Annual Entrepreneurship-as-Practice Conference and PhD Consortium. As stated on the website of the conference, this event brings together scholars interested in “using […] practice theory-led approaches for understanding entrepreneurial phenomena”. The practice-based stance of both the special issue and the conference are closely linked with the work of practice-based strategy scholars.
- Deadline: 15 Dec, 2017 (for the conference), 1 Oct, 2018 (for the special issue)
- Further information: on the special issue: click here; on the conference: click here
2. “The Competitive Advantage of Regions: Economic Geography and Strategic Management Intersections”
- Journal: Regional Studies
- Lead guest editor: Eric Knight (University of Sydney)
- Theme: According to the CfP, this special issue “seeks to provoke a dialogue at the intersection of [economic geography and strategic management] to explore opportunities for new scholarship and interaction”. Among others, submissions addressing the following question are invited: “How and why might geography play a different role in firm strategizing in different sectoral or institutional contexts?” This and other topics might be of particular interest to scholars interested in the practice of strategy-making.
- Deadline: 30 Mar, 2018 (for a 500-w. proposal) and 31 Aug, 2018 (for the full paper)
- Further information: click here
3. “Responsible Research in Management”
- Journal: Irish Journal of Management
- Co-editors: Robert J. Galavan (Maynooth University, Maynooth, Ireland), Peter McKiernan (Strathclyde University, Glasgow, Scotland), Anne S. Tsui (University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, USA)
- Theme: According to the CfP, this special issue invites “managerially relevant research producing credible and reliable knowledge that is either of direct or indirectly useful for addressing problems important to organisations and society”. More specifically, submissions are supposed to fulfill two or more of the following “principles”: “(1) Provides a service to society; (2) Involves key stakeholders; (3) Assesses social impact; (4) Values both basic and applied research contributions; (5) Embraces pluralism and multi-disciplinarity; (6) Uses sound methodology; (7) Disseminates broadly”. Given that many practice-based studies of strategy-making fulfill several of these principles, SAP scholars might be interested in submitting their work to the co-editors.
- Deadline: Aug, 2018
- Further information: click here